The Clarissan Paradies Convent in the Swiss Canton Thurgau was established in the mid-13th century following a donation by the counts of Kyburg. During the Reformation, the convent near the city of Schaffhausen was all but secularised. After a devastating fire in 1587, it had to be almost completely rebuilt. The convent was dissolved in 1836. In 1918 Schaffhausen-based Georg Fischer AG (GF) acquired the former convent and the entire agricultural estate. One hundred years on, and faithfully restored, Kloster Paradies is home to Georg Fischer AG’s Convention and Training Centre, the Company Archives, and the internationally renowned Iron Library.
Version Deutsch: Das Kloster Paradies